As if having eczema on the body was not enough, having scalp eczema also, may be incredibly uncomfortable and difficult to manage. Shampoo for Eczema may be hard to figure out, given the dizzy array of products available.
The worst thing about scalp Eczema is the dandruff, not only is an itchy head annoying, scratching it repeatedly without using the right shampoo will eventually yield dry and flaky eczema skin on the scalp. This leads to an endless winter fall of dandruff. Not only is this very unattractive to other people, constantly scratching your head is going to turn heads. So it’s very important to use the right shampoo.
The scalp might have varying symptoms like dry, itchy and tight skin or real sores on the scalp that weep and crust around. This condition can frequently be a viscous cycle as the scraping leads to further interruption of the skin and so forth. Finding the right shampoo for eczema which will soothe and help treat the scalp is important in these conditions. A dry and flaky scalp may be signs of another condition, therefore originally it is best to really have your doctor identify the condition.
They can prescribe you with specific lotions and shampoos to originally get rid of the eczema, but you’ll need to possess a process in position for when the medicine is concluded. These drugs will often be steroid based which can’t be used on an on going basis.
Table of Contents
Choosing the Right Product
I highly recommend Polytar shampoo for when the Eczema is itchy as a shampoo it serves as both shampoo and conditioner and is very effective at both eliminating Eczema on the scalp, dry skin, itchiness, and dandruff. It is enough to use this once or twice and the Eczema should subside. On other days it’s best to use an organic shampoo that doesn’t contain the usual industrial chemical irritants, commercial mass available shampoos are practically guaranteed to make the Eczema worst.
On other days it’s best to use an organic shampoo that doesn’t contain the usual industrial chemical irritants, commercial mass available shampoos are practically guaranteed to make the Eczema worst.
I’m a particular big fan of Aloe Vera or Seaweed based organic shampoos. (Full list of shampoos below)
Elocon is often prescribed, it is a type of steroid which come in a dropper bottle, it is like a watery liquid and not a cream, it is important to use this on only the specific points on the scalp which may be Eczema that is blistering or breaking out, rubbing steroid drops all over your scalp may yield bad results over time, as steroids tend to dry and thicken skin over time. The best way to do it is to use your fingers to feel out where the skin is uneven and blotchy by texture, then point the dropper bottle at the spot and squeeze.
Did you know that the daily shampoo can actually be causing the episodes of scalp eczema? Non organic shampoos contain specific substances that are known to cause skin irritation. One especially is sodium laureth sulphate, SLS for short. Whether you’ve a look on the bottle, it’ll warn you not to get the shampoo in your eyes and that there is an opportunity there possibly skin irritation as well as loss of hair.
Doctors often prescribe Aqueous Cream which has SLS. It has been found that this cream reduced the thickness of healthy skin in volunteers by 10% in 4 weeks.
This is not an idle warning, many, many individuals do have these responses in several severities each day. You might wish to think about switching you shampoo to one with a purely organic character for your eczema shampoo. These types are becoming more and more popular and most high street chemists and even supermarkets are starting to stock them. They contain only natural ingredients and shouldn’t cause any irritation. In case you’ve any fruits or vegetable allergies you might wish to check the elements as many will use natural fruit and vegetable extracts as part of the formula. There are plenty of varieties to select from that you must have no problem finding one to fit.
In combination with your organic shampoo for Eczema, you might wish to try some other alternative medicine to help keep your scalp comfortable and healthy. A great way of dry and tight scalp is the utilization of an olive oil wrap. With damp hair, merely pour a bit olive oil over the scalp and carefully rub in. Wrap a towel about your head and leave for around 20 minutes, then carefully wash away.
If it’s really bad is it also possible to use normal Eczema moisturizer during day and in the middle of shower, simply put the cream onto your finger tips and then gently massage the cream into your scalp. Obviously use a mirror to make sure you don’t have bits of cream stuck on your head, which can look…very shady, or be mistaken for something else…
- Petroleum – Petroleum residue is absorbed into you body, may pass through blood-brain barrier.
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate – Found to reduce the thickness of healthy skin in volunteers by 10%, also capable of causing genetic mutations which is often associated with increased carcinogenic tendencies.
- Isopropyl Palmitate – Skin irritant, can aggravate eczema and cause acne
- Benzalkonium Chloride – Long term exposure associated with asthma, aggravation of eczema and other immune system disorders.
- Synthetic Fragrances – Too much can aggravate Eczema
- Parabens and Propylene Glycols – Official research suggests no danger of any kind, but there are circles that believe that these can be irritants or even cause cancer. We don’t believe this is the case, but considering you will be using this product daily it might be worth considering some long-term risks, however improbable. A lot of good products have Parabens and Propylene Glycols.
Complete List of All The Shampoo for Eczema For Normal Days
These are shampoos that can be use adjacent to Polytar, with saving Polytar for when you have really bad scalp Eczema. Using medicated shampoos daily is probably not a great idea. Go to Amazon for product reviews.
- Allergenics Gentle Medicated Shampoo
- Barefoot SOS Shampoo
- Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo
- Dr Organic Aloe Vera Shampoo
- Botanical Skin Works Intensive Dandruff Shampoo
- Jason Natural Cosmetic Dandruff Relief Shampoo
- Keys MetaClean Health Soap Shampoo
- TheraNeem Gentle Therape Shampoo
- Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
- Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan shampoo
- Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan Conditioner